Thursday, April 29, 2010

Branson Zipline attraction gives news anchor unexpected look at rescue techniques

by Maria Neider, KY3 News
Published: Apr 30, 2010 at 7:17 AM CDT

WALNUT SHADE, Mo. -- A zipline attraction opens Saturday just north of Branson. As Paul Adler would say, "we took this assignment to new heights," and someone ended up hanging tough.

As you now know, I'm not fond of heights but I decided to face my fear. The wind sure didn't help my shaky legs but I finally did it.

Adler, on the other hand, was pumped, even spinning to see the high-flying sights on our treetop tour. Then Mother Nature made it more challenging, and one of us didn't make it across.

Did our guides jinx us from the get-go? We gave them training during an unexpected rescue. Just feet from the landing platform, Adler lost steam.

Adler tried for the rescue rope but missed. He was sliding back. My trusty sidekick was stuck, dangling above the rocky ravine.

"Hang on Paul! We're coming to get you!" I hollered.

read the rest of story and see the video here:
http://www.ky3.com/news/local/92495349.html

http://www.bransonzipline.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment